Hello, Mr Mateen Arastu Polytrauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon from SM Legal Services Medico-Legal and Neuroscience Partnership. I am a Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon who specialises in Polytrauma as well as periarticular fractures. I am currently posted at the University Hospitals Coventry & Warwickshire and have been there since 2014. Alongside my NHS Duties I take on Medico-Legal work, I assess clients at my consulting rooms in Birmingham which then allows me to produce a Medico-Legal report for the court, my Claimant:Defendant case ratio is 50:50.
My specific areas of interest as a Medico-Legal expert witness are as follows:
- Pelvic & acetabular fractures
- Periarticular fractures (Knee, Ankle, Wrist, Shoulder and Elbow)
- Complex foot trauma
- Open fractures
- Rib fractures
- Single system orthopaedic trauma
I have had an exceptional journey to gain the right qualifications that enable me to do the Medico-Legal work I do today, my qualifications and achievements are:
- Core Clinical Negligence Premex, London, UK – 2015
- Bond Solon CertMR completed/MedCo Accreditation completed – 2015
- Cardiff Univeristy Law School Bond Solon Expert Witness Course – 2017
- Bond Solon Expert Witness Conference – 2019
Of course, after completing my Bond Solon CertMR completed/MedCo Accreditation, I was then able to commence my Medico-Legal work in 2015, I have recently began working with the legal team at SM Legal Services and I am very excited for the future.
If you wish to find out more about myself then please visit my page.
Or, you can read my first blog here.
If you wish to instruct myself, please feel free to email the legal team here.
Mr Mateen Arastu Polytrauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon looks forward to hearing from you.
Mr Mateen Arastu Polytrauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon