Hello, Professor RG Consultant Paediatric Neurologist in Birmingham here from Medico-Legal and Neuroscience Partnership. I am a general paediatric neurologist with special interests in epilepsy and headaches. I conduct general neurology clinics and epilepsy clinics and hold clinics at local district general hospitals, a community paediatric health center and a special school for children with physical and learning difficulties. I perform a neuro-ophthalmology clinic with my ophthalmology colleagues and I cover the neuromotor and neurometabolic clinics when my colleagues are absent
I have completed numerous research and audit projects during my training. I remain an active clinical researcher and have been involved in a number of clinical trials. I am currently working on several trials including as a Chief Investigator (UK) for a European study on the efficacy of a new anti-epileptic drug in children.
I have always had a keen interest in medical education and training. I have gained considerable experience and expertise in this area and have worked in a variety of local, regional and national roles in education and training including:
- Head of Clinical Teaching Academy and previously Clinical Sub Dean for Birmingham Children’s Hospital and the University of Birmingham Medical School (2006-ongoing)
- GMC PLAB 2 examiner (2006-ongoing).
- Faculty member Birmingham Children’s Hospital EEG courses (2007-ongoing).
- Trainer for Paediatric Epilepsy Training (PET) courses, BPNA (2007-ongoing).
- GMC Associate (previously PMETB Partner) for Quality Assurance of training programmes (2008-ongoing).
- Deanery Adviser (West Midlands) and Council Member of the British Paediatric Neurology Association (BPNA) (2007-2010).
- Neurology module coordinator for the University of Birmingham MSc in Paediatrics (2006-2009).
My main areas of focus when assessing patients are:
If you wish to instruct Professor RG Consultant Paediatric Neurologist in Birmingham please get in touch.
If you wish to see more of our Consultant Paediatric Neurologists please click here.